Interested in Joining the Johnstown Police?
Why Join the Johohnstown PD?
Recently listed as the number one safest city in Colorado by the National Council for Home
Safety and Security, Johnstown is a great place to live and work. Our department is made
up of quality officers from all over the country. With our community’s continued growth, there
is no better place for you to start your law enforcement career
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Be authorized to work in the United States
- Have no felony convictions or convictions of moral turpitude
- Be able to legally possess / carry a firearm
- Posses a valid drivers license
- Posses a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Be Colorado P.O.S.T. Certified or Colorado P.O.S.T. eligible for provisional certification.
- Oral Board
- Background Investigation
- Integrity Interview
- Psychological Test
- Medical / Drug Screening
- Interview with Chief of Police
Starting Salary $54,314
Paid Personal Time
Optional 457 Retirement Plan
Take Home Car*
*must live within 10 miles of town limits
If you would like further information about possible openings within our department please call us at 970-587-5555, or Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to download an application for the Johnstown Police Department.
Please visit our the Town of Johnstown job opening page to see other current openings